June 8, 2011
Graduate-Level Leadership Program Aims to Build Regional Stewards
The North Texas Commission announces the graduation of the second class of Leadership North Texas presented by Chesapeake Energy. Leadership North Texas is a graduate-level, regional leadership program designed to recruit, develop and support leaders who have a commitment to civic engagement and to the North Texas region.Participants hear from regional and national experts on various issues facing North Texas with discussion on how to address the challenges unique to our region.
The class of 27 leaders from throughout the region spent the past nine months learning best practices in regional stewardship, with discussion including education and workforce, the North Texas economy, sustainable development, healthcare and transportation.
The graduating class of Leadership North Texas 2 includes:
- Jonathon Bazan, Government and External Relations Director, City of Irving
- Alysia Bell, Vice President of Workforce Development and Administration, Greater Irving-Las Colinas Chamber of Commerce
- John Brookby, Assistant Vice President of Commercial Development, DFW International Airport
- Susan Campbell, PhD, Executive Vice President, The Cooper Institute
- Linda Christie, Community and Government Relations Director, Tarrant Regional Water District
- Gail Cooksey, President, Cooksey Communications
- Brad Davis, North Texas Operations Manager, Jacobs
- Charles Elk, Director of Regional Customer Operations, Oncor Electric Delivery
- Jan Furtick, Executive Director of Leadership Garland and President, The Payton Group
- Linda Garcia, President/CEO, LNG Services
- Matt Gaston, Senior Pastor, First United Methodist Church Denton
- Todd Gottel, Rowlett Mayor-Elect and Vice President of Sales and Marketing, 2GO Software Solutions
- Alan Greer, Vice President – North Texas Infrastructure/Facilities Div., Freese and Nichols, Inc.
- Leah King, Senior Director of Public Affairs, Chesapeake Energy
- Danny Kocurek, MD, Vice President of the Arlington Conservation Council
- Kimberly Lay, Deputy Mayor Pro Tempore for the Town of Addison and Vice President of Hudson Peters Commercial
- Jill Magnuson, Director of External Affairs, Nasher Sculpture Center
- Cesar Moncada, Director of External Affairs, Verizon Communications
- Robert Nickell, Jr., First Vice President, Morgan Keegan
- Bruce Payne, Economic Development Manager, City of Arlington
- Devang Shah, Director of Sales and Marketing, Pearl Hospitality
- David Silva, PhD, Vice Provost for Academic Affairs, The University of Texas at Arlington
- Michelle Thames, Assistant City Manager for the City of Richardson
- Lisa Thierry, Federal Government
- Gary Walker, Founder and President, SCM Real Estate Services
- Kathy Wilkins, Vice President, Alliance Operating Services
- Patsy Youngs, President, Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital of Kaufman
The application deadline for Leadership North Texas Class 3 is noon, June 10, 2011. Applications are available online atwww.leadershipnorthtexas.org or through the North Texas Commission office at 972-621-0400 ext. 110. Tuition for the program is $3,000.