August 12, 2010
Leadership North Texas Presented by Chesapeake Energy Builds Regional Stewards through Graduate-Level Program
The North Texas Commission, a regional organization made up of public and private sector leaders, higher education institutions and nonprofit organizations, announced the second class of Leadership North Texas presented by Chesapeake Energy.
The 2010-2011 class is made up of 29 leaders throughout the region who have a commitment to civic engagement and to the North Texas region. Leadership North Texas participants will learn best practices in regional stewardship from experts and discuss key issues our region faces, including education and workforce, the North Texas economy, sustainable development, healthcare and transportation.
"Coming off the completion of a successful inaugural Leadership North Texas class we are excited to continue the momentum with the second class," said Mabrie Jackson, President and CEO of the North Texas Commission. "As a regional leadership program, we look forward to adding 29 more regional stewards to North Texas."
The 2010-2011 class of Leadership North Texas will include:
- Jonathon Bazan, Assistant Director, Intergovernmental Services/Public Works, City of Irving
- Alysia Bell, Vice President of Workforce Development & Administration, Greater Irving-Las Colinas Chamber of Commerce
- John Brookby, Assistant Vice President, Commercial Development, DFW International Airport
- Susan Campbell, Executive Vice President, The Cooper Institute
- Linda Christie, Community & Government Relations Director, Tarrant Regional Water District
- Gail Cooksey, President/Owner, Cooksey Communications
- Brad Davis, Operations Manager, North Texas, Jacobs
- Charles Elk, Director, Regional Customer Operations, Oncor Electric Delivery
- Jan Furtick, Owner, The Payton Group/Specialty Advertising
- Linda Garcia, Director, Tarrant County Community College
- Matt Gaston, Senior Pastor, First United Methodist Church, Denton
- Todd Gottel, Vice President, Sales & Marketing, 2GO Software Solutions and Mayor Pro-Tem, City of Rowlett
- Alan Greer, Vice President, North Texas Infrastructure/Facilities Division Manager, Freese & Nichols
- Valerie Hodges, Vice President, Administration, North Texas Commission
- Leah King, Senior Director, Public Affairs, Chesapeake Energy
- Danny Kocurek, Vice President, Arlington Conservation Council
- Kimberly Lay, City Council member, Town of Addison
- Jill Magnuson, Vice President, External Affairs, AT&T Performing Arts Center
- Cesar Moncada, Texas Director, External Affairs, Verizon Communications
- Robert A. Nickell, Jr., Vice President, Morgan Keegan & Company
- Bruce Payne, Economic Development Manager, City of Arlington
- Devang Shah, Vice President, Sales & Marketing, Pearl Real Estate
- David Silva, Vice Provost for Academic Affairs, The University of Texas at Arlington
- Michelle Thames, Assistant City Manager, City of Richardson
- Lisa Thierry, Investigator, Federal Government
- Gary Walker, Founder/President, SCM Real Estate Services
- Kathy Wilkins, Vice President, Alliance Operating Services
- Demetria Wise, Professional Service Group, Datamax Texas
- Patsy Youngs, President, Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Kaufman
Chesapeake Energy is the presenting sponsor of Leadership North Texas.
Established in 1971, the North Texas Commission is a unique regional non-profit consortium of businesses, cities, counties, chambers of commerce, economic development entities and higher education institutions in the North Texas region. The Commission is the one and only public-private regional organization committed to enhancing the overall economic vitality and quality of life of North Texas. NTC improves the economy, infrastructure and lifestyle of North Texas by leading and directing regionally cooperative initiatives to accomplish objectives in four primary areas: transportation, aviation, environment and long-range strategies.