August 29, 2011
Leadership North Texas presented by Chesapeake Energy Builds Regional Stewards through Graduate-Level Program
The North Texas Commission announced its third class of Leadership North Texas presented by Chesapeake Energy.
The 2011-2012 class is made up of 29 leaders throughout the region who have a commitment to civic engagement and to the North Texas region. Leadership North Texas participants learn best practices in regional stewardship from experts and discuss key issues our region faces, including education and workforce, the North Texas economy, sustainable development, healthcare and transportation.
"The first two classes of Leadership North Texas have yielded nearly 60 regional leaders who have formed bonds across city and county borders and have a deep understanding of what it takes to make North Texas successful," said Mabrie Jackson, president and CEO of the North Texas Commission. "It's encouraging to see the dedication to our region that comes as participants complete the program."
The 2011-2012 class of Leadership North Texas will include:
- Salma Adem, Senior Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations, The University of Texas at Arlington
- Joel Ballew, Director, Government Affairs and Advocacy, Texas Health Resources
- Michael Bauer, Transportation Manager, Jacobs Engineering Group, Inc.
- Kimberly Britton, Director, Community Relations, Chesapeake Energy
- Kimberly Buttram, Economic Development Director, City of Forney
- Orlando Campos, Director of Economic Development, Town of Addison
- Joe Cordina, CEO, Component Technology and Mayor of Parker
- Jennifer Fadden, City Manager, City of Colleyville
- Susan Falvo, Chief of Staff, Dallas County Schools
- Melanie Ferguson, Director of Outreach and Development, Trinity Trust
- Rob Franke, Vice President, H.W. Lochner and Mayor of Cedar Hill
- Allyn Giles, Director, Metro Region Customer Relations, Oncor Electric Delivery
- Bruce Glasscock, City Manager, City of Plano
- Jerry Holder, Texas District Leader, HNTB Corporation
- Karen Hunt, Market President – Coppell, Frost Bank and Coppell City Council member
- Jim Jamison, Executive Director, AT&T
- John Lang, Manager of Public Policy and Strategy, TXU
- Kate Livingston, Campus Director, SMU-in-Plano
- Rosa Navejar, President/CEO, Fort Worth Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Andy Nguyen, Tarrant County Commissioner
- Mark Pacheco, President, Pacheco Koch Consulting Engineers
- Doug Phillips, Mayor Pro Tem, City of Rowlett & Infrastructure Architect, Fossil
- Mitesh Raichada, Chief Operating Officer, Pearl Hospitality
- David Setzer, Director, Workforce Development, North Central Texas Council of Governments
- Allison Thompson, Director of Economic Development, City of Cedar Hill
- Sandee Treptow, Association Development Manager, Reliant Energy
- Vicki Truitt, State Representative, Texas House of Representatives
- Mike Walker, Senior Planner, City of Frisco
- Barbara Walker, Director, External Affairs, Verizon Communications
Chesapeake Energy has been the program's Presenting Sponsor since its inception in 2008.